It’s best to think of a Weymouth, MA opioid addiction treatment program as being a spectrum of services rather than just a single one. This is because recovery from opioid addiction is a life-long process. As a result, you’re going to need access to different types of treatment throughout the process so an individualized treatment plan that takes this into consideration is the best bet for success.
Components Of A Successful Weymouth, MA Opioid Addiction Treatment Program
While not everyone will need to take advantage of each type of treatment listed below, choosing a Weymouth, MA opioid addiction treatment center that offers a wide range of them provides you with continuous access to professional assistance during your recovery from opiate addiction.
- Detox: This is often the first step for anyone who is entering opiate addiction treatment. Choosing a medically-supervised detoxification program means you have access to trained personnel who can handle any emergencies that might arise. You might also have access to medications that can help with physical and mental withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient Treatment: Sometimes also referred to as residential treatment, inpatient treatment provides support and access to clinical staff around the clock. You’ll be in a structured setting that combines recreational activities with case management, group therapy, individual counseling, and other treatment options.
- Outpatient Treatment: Best for those who have a supportive network of friends and family members at home, outpatient treatment can also be a useful bridge between the outside world and inpatient treatment. There are regular outpatient treatment programs and intensive outpatient programs (IOP).
- Aftercare: The best Weymouth, MA opioid addiction treatment program provides a continuum of care that includes access to aftercare. The understanding that recovery is a lifelong process helps explain just how crucial having access to aftercare is. Some examples of aftercare might be alumni meetings and 12-step-based programs.
- Sober Living Homes in Rockland, MA: These extend the care received at our Weymouth, MA opioid addiction treatment program. Providing access to clean, stable, and safe housing during the transition phase from residential treatment to the outside world helps reduce the likelihood of relapse. In many cases, you’ll have to continue in your outpatient treatment program while you’re at a sober living home.
Treatment For Opiate Addiction
Recovery from opiate addiction can be challenging. There is always a physical and a mental side to addiction. When individuals enter treatment at Rockland Recovery, our compassionate and experienced staff makes sure to address both needs. Thus, there are a number of different elements that make up a good Weymouth, MA opioid addiction treatment program. Look for one that has all — or at least most — of the components outlined below. Doing so can increase your chances of recovering from opioid addiction. Also, it can get the life you once knew back again.
- Individual Counseling: Often people turn to opioids as a way to cope with life’s challenges. Identifying this tendency in yourself can help you develop other methods of coping that don’t involve using addictive substances.
- Support Groups: It’s important to realize that you are not at fault because you are addicted to opiates. It can happen to anyone from any walk of life. Support groups provide the opportunity to obtain mentoring from others who have been where you were at one time.
- Medication-Assisted Therapy (MAT): This therapy uses FDA-approved medicines to help relieve the physical, mental, and emotional issues of withdrawal. Engaging in MAT can help prevent you from relapsing.
At Rockland Recovery Treatment Center, our compassionate and supportive professional staff is ready to assist you in finding the right opiate treatment program for you. Call us at 855.732.4842 today to learn more about how we can help!