It’s best to think of an opioid addiction treatment program as being a spectrum of services rather than just a single one. This is because recovery from opioid addiction is a life-long process. As a result, you’re going to need access to different types of substance abuse treatment throughout the process, so an individualized treatment plan that takes this into consideration is the best bet for success.
At Rockland Recovery, our substance abuse treatment programs form the foundation for many those ready for a positive change in their lives. Many people who suffer from opioid addiction may find it nearly impossible to overcome the addiction on their own. If you or a loved one is ready to reach out for help from a team of addiction specialists and therapists, our opioid rehab in Massachusetts may be the key to long-lasting recovery. Learn more about our opioid rehab in MA from our team today by calling 855.732.4842 or completing our online form.
Components of a Successful Opioid Addiction Treatment Program
While not everyone will need to take advantage of each type of treatment listed below, choosing an opioid addiction treatment center that offers a wide range of them provides you with continuous access to professional assistance during your recovery from opiate addiction.
Some of the components of a successful opioid addiction treatment program include:
- Detox: This is often the first step for anyone who is entering opiate addiction treatment. Choosing a medically supervised detoxification program means you have access to trained personnel who can handle any emergencies that might arise. You might also have access to medications that can help with physical and mental withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient treatment: Sometimes also referred to as residential treatment; inpatient treatment provides support and access to clinical staff around the clock. You’ll be in a structured setting that combines recreational activities with case management, group therapy, individual counseling, and other treatment options.
- Outpatient treatment: Best for those who have a supportive network of friends and family members at home, outpatient treatment can also be a useful bridge between the outside world and inpatient treatment. There are regular outpatient treatment programs and intensive outpatient programs (IOP).
- Aftercare: The best opioid addiction treatment program provides a continuum of care that includes access to aftercare long after the treatment program is over. The understanding that recovery is a lifelong process helps explain just how crucial having access to aftercare is. Some examples of aftercare might be alumni meetings and 12-step-based programs.
- Sober Living Homes in Rockland, MA: These extend the care received at our Weymouth, MA opioid addiction treatment program. Providing access to clean, stable, and safe housing during the transition phase from residential treatment to the outside world helps reduce the likelihood of relapse. In many cases, you’ll have to continue in your outpatient treatment program while you’re at a sober living home.
Treatment for Opioid Addiction
Recovery from opioid addiction can be challenging. There is always a physical and a mental side to addiction. When individuals enter treatment at Rockland Recovery, our compassionate and experienced staff makes sure to address both needs. Thus, there are a number of different elements that make up an effective opioid addiction treatment program.
Some of the components of an effective opioid abuse treatment center include:
- Individual counseling: Often people turn to opioids as a way to cope with life’s challenges. Identifying this tendency in yourself can help you develop other methods of coping that don’t involve using addictive substances.
- Support groups: It’s important to realize that you are not at fault because you are addicted to opioids. It can happen to anyone from any walk of life. Support groups provide the opportunity to obtain mentoring from others who have been where you were at one time.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT): This therapy uses FDA-approved medicines to help relieve the physical, mental, and emotional issues of withdrawal. Engaging in MAT can help prevent you from relapsing.
Overcome Opioid Addiction with Support from Rockland Recovery
Opioid addiction is particularly dangerous because of the high risk of overdose and even death. Also, opioids are extremely addictive and change the brain’s chemistry over time. Once the brain’s chemistry has changed, it is nearly impossible for someone to stop using opioids without the supervision of a team of experts.
At Rockland Recovery Treatment Center, our compassionate and supportive professional staff is ready to assist you in finding the right opioids treatment program for you. We recognize that addiction is a disease, not a lack of willpower. As such, our team treats each person in our care with the respect and dignity they deserve. Learn more from our Rockland Recovery team today by calling us at 855.732.4842 or filling out our convenient online form. Our team is ready to help you get started on the road to recovery, but the first step is up to you. Contact Rockland Recovery today.