It can be frightening if you are concerned that a loved one is stuck in the endless cycle of drug addiction. You may not know how to approach the issue with your friend or family member or what signs of drug addiction might be. If you are in the Rockland, Massachusetts area, the compassionate staff at Rockland Recovery is here to help you help a loved one navigate the daily struggle out of drug addiction. Please call us today at 855.732.4842 or fill out our online form for more information about our drug addiction treatment centers and how our staff can be the support that someone you care about might need for long-term recovery.
What Are 8 Warning Signs of Drug Addiction?
If you’re concerned that a family member or loved one is at risk for drug addiction, knowing some of the top signs of drug addiction is helpful. If they are experiencing more than a few of these symptoms, they most likely need professional help to end their drug addiction.
Eight signs that a person is suffering from drug addiction are:
- The person wanted to quit using, but they were unable to do so. The drug harms all aspects of their life, but they continue to use the drug despite their best efforts.
- The person is experiencing negative mental or physical symptoms when the drug wears off. These may be mental or physical and signs of withdrawal, which are best treated under the supervision of professionals.
- The person requires more of their drug of choice to experience the previous effects, known as tolerance.
- The person devotes a significant portion of their time to obtaining the drug and contemplating how it will make them feel, whether negative or positive.
- They’ve lost interest in activities they once enjoyed.
- They are struggling to perform basic daily activities such as cooking, working, school, or maintaining daily hygiene.
- They cannot stick to a limit they’ve set for themselves regarding drug use.
- They are engaging in harmful risk-taking behavior due to drug use, such as operating heavy machines, risky sexual behavior, or driving under the influence.
Once you recognize these warning signs of drug addiction in someone you care about, it is imperative that you help them get into a drug addiction treatment program as soon as possible. When discussing treatment with a loved one, remember to be encouraging and supportive, and avoid lecturing or criticism. Communicate clearly that you love them and want them to feel better, both mentally and physically.
How a Drug Addiction Treatment Program Can Help You
When dealing with addiction, you are at a higher risk for fatalities such as drunk driving accidents or overdoses. The people you care about most often suffer mentally and emotionally due to your uncontrolled drug use. A professional treatment facility can help you get back on your feet again. There are many benefits to receiving treatment in a drug treatment rehab center.
Some key benefits are:
- If you attempt to detox or quit, it is much safer to do so in a professional environment than alone at home
- A chance at repairing your relationship with friends and family
- Access to resources after recovery that can help you get back on your feet
- The opportunity to become stable will help you financially and socially and improve every aspect of your life
Explore the Drug Addiction Treatment Programs at Rockland Recovery
Once signs of drug addiction become apparent, the best course of action is usually a drug addiction treatment program. Rockland Recovery specializes in drug treatment programs that can help you succeed and maintain your health outside of treatment. If you or someone close to you is struggling, please don’t hesitate to complete our online contact form or call us today at 855.732.4842 for more information about the drug addiction therapies we offer.