Nobody wants to imagine that someone they love will deal with addiction at any point in their lives. However, substance use disorders are a lot more common than most people realize, and Massachusetts is no exception. In fact, the percentage of those dealing with addiction in MA is higher than the national average. Learning about substance use disorders and their underlying factors can, however, help with identifying the problem and finding treatment.
Not everyone who uses drugs ends up addicted, and addiction may involve using legal substances. Those with substance use disorders will vary in their symptoms and severity of the addiction. Therefore, it’s not always easy to know whether or not a loved one needs treatment. If you are concerned that a loved one may need help for a substance use disorder, don’t wait to reach out for help yourself.
At Rockland Recovery, our team of understanding and compassionate specialists can help you with our outpatient addiction treatment programs. Reach out to us online today, or call 855.732.4842 to find out more about addiction treatment in Weymouth.
Recognizing Signs That a Loved One Needs Help
Not everyone will show the same symptoms and effects of addiction. However, those with substance use disorder generally have similarities in terms of behavioral patterns and health. If your loved one is showing any of these signs, it may be time to find help:
- Changes in appetite, weight, and exercise regimen
- Changes in social participation, isolation, spending time using the drug rather than socializing
- Higher tolerance of the substance than before, needing to use it to get through the day
- Red eyes, skin problems, and ignoring hygiene
- Changes in abilities to complete daily chores, work, or other responsibilities
- Changes in personal boundaries that keep the person safe, participation in riskier behavior than usual
If you notice these changes in your loved one, it is crucial to remain aware that confrontation is likely to make them more defensive. Get others on board with helping your loved one, and ask professionals for advice on how to proceed. It is important to get your loved one to acknowledge the consequences of their substance use disorder. With the right help and support at our addiction treatment center in Weymouth, Massachusetts, it can be done in a loving and life-changing way.
Addiction Treatment in Weymouth, MA
For the best chances at recovery, it is important to cater to the specific needs of the person in treatment. If, for example, drinking alcohol is used as a coping tool for getting through a difficult divorce, this person could benefit from an alcohol addiction treatment program.
Rockland Recovery gives all of our clients a thorough assessment and access to addiction treatment programs, such as:
- Men’s rehab center program
- Women’s rehab center program
- Day partial hospitalization program
- Day intensive outpatient program
- Evening intensive outpatient program
- Substance abuse programs for alcohol, cocaine, fentanyl, heroin, meth, and opioid addictions
- Sober living programs and sober living homes to cement the effects of recovery
Our highly skilled and caring team is happy to help our clients find the treatment plan best suited for them. We allow our clients to have flexibility while prioritizing healthy decision-making. Our extended care offered at sober living houses can also provide a strong safeguard against relapse after completing a treatment program.
Help Your Loved One Heal from Addiction at Rockland Recovery
With the right team backing you and your loved ones, you can find the boost needed to break the cycle of addiction. It starts with a simple step of asking for help. Whatever situation you may find yourself in, our capable team is ready to join together with you in the fight against addiction. Reach out to us online today or call 855.732.4842 to learn more about addiction treatment in Weymouth, MA.