There are now dozens of drugs on the market these days that have been derived from opium poppy seeds or synthesized in labs to produce opiates. These drugs can have potent effects, treating some of the worst pain symptoms and helping people recover from surgery or other major medical procedures. While these drugs can help us get through tough times dealing with problems such as cancer and chronic pain, we also must remain aware of the highly addictive nature of opiates and what effects opiate addiction can have.
It can be tough but necessary to admit to a dependency on opiates. However, with Rockland Recovery’s opiate addiction treatment centers in Massachusetts, people can find the support and encouragement they may need to face their addiction. Our team is ready to help you or someone you care about with our opiate addiction treatment program. But, most importantly, is to know when it’s time to find help for opiate addiction.
When Is it Time to Find Help?
Because opiates are often used to treat medical conditions and pain, it can be difficult to know whether or not someone’s opiate use has become a problem. Opioid or opiate use disorder can be diagnosed by a doctor because signs and symptoms might not be obvious right away. Some of the signs that indicate you or a loved one may need to contact Rockland Recovery for help include:
- Trouble controlling opiate use
- Using opiates outside of the scope of prescription
- Intense cravings
- Changes in sleep habits and increased daytime drowsiness
- Weight loss and changes in exercise routines
- Decreased libido
- Spending less time with family and friends, withdrawal from social life
- Financial struggles
- Stealing from family, friends, or colleagues
Although these symptoms might make individuals feel guilt and shame, it is important to keep in mind that addiction is a disease, not a choice or lack of willpower. Our Rockland Recovery team wants you or anyone else addicted to opiates to know that we treat each person in recovery with respect.
Opiate Addiction Treatment at Rockland Recovery
At Rockland Recovery in Massachusetts, our team of compassionate and knowledgeable professionals understands that addiction is experienced differently in each individual. That’s why we center our treatment plans around the client’s unique story and needs, offering the following programs and services for our clients to choose from:
- Individualized treatment plans with room for adjustment and changes as each client’s path to recovery takes shape
- Partial hospitalization program and intensive outpatient program to provide full support for detox, as well as re-entry to one’s normal life and activities
- Men’s rehab and women’s rehab programs, for those who may deal with gender stereotypes that make a recovery more challenging
- Aftercare, including sober living homes in Rockland, Massachusetts
- 12-step programs
Taking the time to recover from opiate addiction isn’t always easy, but our team at Rockland Recovery in Massachusetts is here to help. No matter how much time and care you and your loved ones may need, we offer continued support. Recovery isn’t usually a straightforward process, and our center offers support and empathy without judgment or rush.
Explore the Opiate Addiction Treatment Centers at Rockland Recovery
Opiate addiction and opioid use disorder are medical conditions that require professional intervention and care. At Rockland Recovery, our opiate addiction treatment program may be the key for you or someone you care about to overcome addiction and begin recovery. For more information about our opiate addiction treatment program or our other treatment programs, reach out to our team today by calling 855.732.4842 or completing our online form. Make today the day you choose recovery.