Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid drug with a potency that is much greater than even morphine. In some instances, this substance is used in pharmaceutical settings for patients with cancer pain. However, most of the time, people use it illegally and become addicted. Because of the high potency of fentanyl, it is extremely dangerous. Many overdose deaths can be attributed to fentanyl abuse. If you are using this substance, it’s critical to understand the various types of fentanyl addiction treatment.
Effects of FentanylAs noted above, fentanyl is so potent that only a tiny amount will have drastic effects and possibly lead to an overdose. In small amounts, the effects of this drug are similar to that of other opioids, such as heroin or morphine. Some of the effects are euphoria, dizziness, tiredness, nausea, confusion, and shallow breathing.
Types of Care Available for Fentanyl AddictionThe types of fentanyl addiction care available are as follows:
- Detox treatment — During detox care for fentanyl, you will be supervised closely while going through the withdrawal process an expert medical team will oversee your progress and ensure your physical, and vital signs are stable.
- Day partial hospitalization program — A day partial hospitalization program is just a step down from an inpatient residential program. You’ll participate in various therapies most days a week and for several hours a day. However, at the end of the day, you will go to your own home. This allows you to keep up with some of your regular work, school, and family obligations.
- Day intensive outpatient program (IOP) — During an IOP, you will attend many therapy sessions throughout the day on an outpatient basis. It’s similar to partial hospitalization, but the sessions are not always as long, or you may not attend as many days. Yet, it’s still an aggressive outpatient program.
- Evening intensive outpatient program (IOP) — An evening IOP will provide the same level of care that a day IOP does, but you attend in the evening instead of the day. What are the advantages of an evening IOP? You can maintain some obligations during the day and attend the therapy sessions in the evening.
Find Fentanyl Addiction Care Now at Rockland RecoveryGet started with the drug addiction care at Rockland Recovery. Our addiction treatment center offers several programs designed to treat fentanyl addiction. Whether you are experiencing severe issues or only need moderate help, our center is here to provide the treatment needed. With a fentanyl addiction care plan, you will be fitted with a program that’s right for you. Compassionate caretakers will guide you in achieving your addiction rehab goals. Be assured that Rockland Recovery uses only evidence-based methods and gives clients customized treatment plans because no two clients are the same. A qualified specialist will discuss our treatment programs with you. Some of these programs include:
- Fentanyl addiction treatment program
- Opioid addiction treatment program
- Alcohol addiction treatment program
- Meth addiction treatment program
- Prescription drug addiction treatment program