Men are slower to realize the extent of their addiction problem and less likely to seek help than women. This dilemma has its roots in the way that boys are raised not to be vulnerable and to hide their emotions. Boys keep their feelings bottled up as they progress to manhood, and when something like a substance abuse problem arises, they are reticent to tell anyone or seek help from an addiction treatment center. A man’s rehab program is best suited for those men who are uncomfortable with sharing their feelings and allowing themselves to reveal their humanity in mixed company.
If you are a man who struggles with addiction, Rockland Recovery is ready to help. Our men’s rehab center provides men with the perfect environment for addiction treatment. Learn more today from our team by calling 855.732.4842 or completing our online form.
The Benefits of a Men’s Rehab Program
The first step, reaching out to a recovery center, is the most difficult, but once you do, you will find a supportive group of people who are invested in your healthy recovery from substance abuse. This journey is hard, whether you try to go it alone or seek help from an addiction treatment center, such as Rockland Recovery, but trying to detox from drugs or alcohol on your own is a steep hill to climb. You may have the will to do it or think you do, but the reality of the situation is quite different. Detoxing on your own rarely yields concrete results and can be dangerous, if not deadly.
Some of the benefits of a men’s rehab program include:
- Reduced friction between clients – Sometimes, men and women clash while discussing their unique viewpoints. By limiting the discussion of the trauma and triggers that have led to their respective addiction issues among a group of men, there can be a comfortable middle ground that cannot be achieved in a mixed-gender setting.
- Narrow the scope – You can focus on what matters more easily in a same-gender setting without getting sidetracked by discussions that don’t pertain to your experiences.
- Easier to open up – It can be easier to communicate your own feelings without the threat of the opposite sex passing judgment when they don’t fully understand the context of what you are trying to say.
- Male bonding – Having only men involved may lead you to create lasting bonds and friendships without having to explain why this relationship works as opposed to another one. You can be yourself in this type of environment.
- Expressing yourself without judgment – There are some issues specific to men, like sexual dysfunction, that can be better expressed among men without the embarrassment of having to reveal such a sensitive topic in the presence of women.
You can experience these benefits and more when you enter into a men’s rehab program at Rockland Recovery today.
Explore Men’s Rehab for Addiction at Rockland Recovery
It may not have occurred to you to explore the possibility of entering rehab for men. But it may be the right fit for you if you are uncomfortable discussing sensitive topics in mixed company. However, with the support of a men’s rehab program, you can find the right place for you to pursue recovery.
At Rockland Recovery, our rehab for men in Massachusetts is specifically designed for this particular group of clients. When you are placed in a comfortable environment and can express yourself freely, you are more likely to respond to the care that you are receiving. We can be reached online or at 855.732.4842 for you to take the first step on your journey to wellness and recovery.