The effects of problematic prescription drug use will depend on various factors, such as length of use, chemical makeup, underlying emotional issues, and addiction severity. Often, opioids are the prescription drug that people become addicted to, and an addiction treatment program is the best option for enhanced mental and physical health.
At Rockland Recovery, our opioid addiction treatment programs give people the comprehensive care they need to face and overcome their addiction. If you or someone care about is ready to start their recovery journey, our team is standing by to help. Please call Rockland Recovery at 855.732.4842 or fill out our online contact form today to learn more about our opioid rehab programs.
Do I Need an Opioid Rehab?
Due to the fact that opioids are highly addictive substances, anyone who is using the medications long enough can become physically or mentally dependent upon them. However, numerous factors may play a part in a person developing an addiction to opioids, including:
- Using drugs and alcohol at an early age, particularly as a teenager
- Chronic pain from an accident or chronic condition, like autoimmune disease
- Dealing with legal or financial problems in the past
- Undergoing relationship difficulties
- Experiencing domestic abuse or traumatic divorce
- Being in regular contact with people who consistently use drugs or alcohol
While there are risk factors for addiction to opioids, any time an individual uses prescription drugs other than exactly as prescribed by a doctor, they are susceptible to worsening dependency issues.
Types of Treatment at an Opioid Recovery Center
If an addiction has not progressed to the level that requires around-the-clock monitoring, intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment may be the right choice. The types of treatment offered in opioid rehab won’t differ very much.
Enrolling in an opioid rehab treatment will involve:
- Initial assessment – A doctor will assess you, take an inventory of symptoms, and inquire about your expectations in treatment to determine the best treatment course for you.
- Detoxification – Detox is the first step major hurdle in the recovery process. If an individual has a serious enough addiction to opioids, detox treatment may be necessary. Detox stay ensures safety and ease of withdrawal symptoms.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Medication-assisted treatment in rehab can be a crucial aspect of recovery. Prescription medication assistance can help ease withdrawal symptoms and prevent cravings in the future. A clinician can also use medication as a life-saving measure in the case of reversing an overdose.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – Much of the recovery process from opioids will be dedicated to rewiring thinking patterns and learning healthy coping mechanisms. In addition to behavioral therapies, treatment centers will utilize group therapy, psychotherapy, drug education workshops, and 12-step programs so that you get the most significant benefit possible from your rehab experience.
- Aftercare planning – An essential part of the recovery process is preparation for life outside of an opioid treatment program. You will have to work with the professionals in your opioid rehab to ensure you are set up with the resources and continued support needed to succeed outside of recovery, including building an individualized aftercare plan.
Explore the Opioid Rehab Center at Rockland Recovery
Although opioid addiction has become a widely discussed epidemic across the country, it remains a personal issue for some families. Every person and their family will have different goals and expectations for an opioid treatment program.
At Rockland Recovery, our team of experts in the Rockland, Massachusetts, area is dedicated to providing high-quality addiction treatment for people who are ready to make a positive change in their lives. If you or someone you know is looking for an opioid rehab center and need help finding the treatment program that best meets your individual needs, please call Rockland Recovery today at 855.732.4842 or complete our online contact form.